• Weather protection - when using sealants after paver stone installation it can save your paver stones from being damaged by snow and ice. The reason is that sealants can withstand a harsh climate and harsh weather. If it is not sealed water will seep through and it could lead to the formation of puddles below the surface where the installation has been done. This can cause frost heaves and cracks. A sealant will repel the water and fill the pores by preserving the sand dust found in the joints.
• Longevity and durability - sealant helps to ensure a longer life of the paving stones and when you use a quality sealant it will protect them from various forms of damage. The sealant will also prevent weeds from growing in the paving stone joints.
• Appearance - using sealant will help to block the harmful UV rays and help prevent fading.
• Cost - when choosing sealant do not choose the cheaper one as the cheaper it gets the thinner it will be. Chose one that is of high quality and reliable for maximum protection. The sealants that are used for concrete driveways, walkways, and pathways are more expensive than ones used on asphalt driveways but the expensive sealant will last longer.
• Safety measures - after installation, before you seal them you will need to wear safety equipment like shoe covers, gloves, and mask because the sealant can be hard to remove if you come in contact with the sealant. The chemicals in the sealant can make a surface slippery, especially in snow and rain. The urethane and acrylic based ones can be hazardous in case of a fire. Make sure you are applying the sealant in a well ventilated area.
• Reapplication - using sealant after paver stone installation increases the number of reapplications.